Setúbal: a short trip around

"Music" - The Gift

Sunday, May 20, 2007

Our Town

Some students had the chance to state their opinions about the town they live in.


1- Do you like living in your town? Why/why not?

- I like living in my town. It has lots of things to do and a great natural beauty. But I used to like my city more some time ago, because now I feel that it's being destroyed.

Pedro Quintino

- Yes, but...there are jerks who bring pollution to the city...

João Costa

- Yes, we do, because this is the town where we were born and we like it a lot.

Tiago and Gonçalo

- I like living in my town. It is on one of the most beautiful bays in the world.

Rafael

- Yes, I do, because we have so many places to visit : )

João Dores

- Yeah, we do, because we have a lot to see, visit and places to be!

Fabrice, Pedro & Carlos

- No. Our town is the most boring town in Portugal.

Vanessa & Samuel

- On the one hand, I like living here, but on the other hand I do not, because there are parts of the town that are very dangerous to walk alone. But there are also very pretty landscapes to see and for me it is one of the quietest towns to live in.

Max

- Yes, it's a little small, but this is where I have my friends.

João Caixeiro

- I like living in Alkmaar, because it's my home. I know my way around here.

Mellanie Verhage

- I like my village very much, because I grew op here.

Stefanie Groot

- I like living in my town, because it has one of the most beautiful bays in the world and so much more…

Arsénio


2- What do you like best about your town?

- Its natural beauty, its beaches, some people.

Pedro Quintino

- The beaches but I prefer the countryside.

João Costa

- The beaches.

Tiago, Arsénio, Fabrice, Carlos & Pedro

- The beaches, Arrabida Mountain, some people, etc.

Rafael


- The beaches, of course :P

João Dores



- We like downtown.

Vanessa & Sam

- What I like best in town is girls, XD and the beaches. All the rest is not very important to me.

Max

- What I like best is the city I live in a suburb from Alkmaar, so I like the city.

Mellanie Verhage

- Places to hang out, the café.

Stefanie Groot

- My Town doesn't have many things to spend time on, but it has great beaches and green spaces.

João Caixeiro


3- What do you think is not that good about your town?

- Some people. They are to blame for the destruction of the city.

Pedro Quintino

- The beaches but I prefer the countryside.

João Costa


- Night life is too quiet.

Tiago


- Night life, because sometimes there are many problems.

Rafael

- The pollution

João Dores

- Pollution around town, the natural environment destroyed, etc.

Fabrice, Carlos & Pedro


- We don't consider Setúbal a town, we consider it a little village. Setúbal has just a few shops and places for us to go.

Vanessa & Sam

-What it is not good in the city is the police. It does not do anything when the robberies or other types of crime happen It is rare for them to do anything.

Max

- The things which are not good about my town are: the green spaces, because there are just a few.

Mellanie Verhage

- There's one thing. Not many people live here.

Stefanie Groot

- Pollution.

João Caixeiro & Arsénio



4- If you had to advise a visitor to your town about places to go and see, which would they be?

- Our Downtown, the beaches, Arrábida mountain, etc....

Pedro Quintino

- Figueirinha beach.

João Costa

- The beaches, downtown, …

Tiago

- The beaches, Arrabida Mountain, Sao Filipe Castle and the Sado Estuary.

Rafael

- The beaches, Sao Filipe Castle, the Convent of Jesus.

João Dores

- The beaches, our monuments, etc.

Fabrice, Carlos & Pedro

- Downtown, the beaches and Arrabida mountain.

Vanessa & Sam

- It depends. There are cultural places for us to visit, for example, the fort of S. Filipe and Jesus monastery. If you want to enjoy yourself, you can go to the beach.

Max

- If I could advise someone to visit places around here, I would advise him/her to visit the cinema.

Mellanie Verhage

- There are not many things to visit, but I would tell them to go to the café and then to Alkmaar, the city next to my village.

Stefanie Groot

- Especially the beaches.

João Caixeiro

- Arrabida mountain, the beaches, etc.

Arsénio

No comments:

eTwinning Certificate