Setúbal: a short trip around

"Music" - The Gift

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Graffiti: Art or Crime?



To me graffiti is a way for the writer to express himself in a different way.

There are people that confuse tags with graffiti. Those people associate tags and graffiti with crime or vandalism.

I think a tag is actually an act of vandalism, because a tag is nothing more than the signature of the writer himself or a short word, and there is nothing in it I could call nice.

Graffiti is different: it is art, a means of expression, way different from tags.

Fabrice



This is a widely spoken subject nowadays.

In my opinion, graffiti can be both a crime and an art. It depends. To me, graffiti isn't a crime, but an art. But there are people who just want to vandalise the walls of our town, and of course this shouldn't be done in some places. There should be specific places for the people to do it and for us to enjoy this kind of work.

I like graffiti and in the future I would like someone to teach me how to do it.

João Caixeiro


Graffiti: Art or crime? That’s not an easy question to answer. Most people think that graffiti is a pure act of vandalism, but things are not just like that.

It really is art, but writers (people who produce graffiti art), do not have specific areas to practise it. There are few countries where graffiti is legal.

I consider that it’s an art, depending on the place where it is made, like old buildings or places like that. I think there’s no problem in making a good graffiti there. But writers often just think of spreading their art all over the city, that’s why graffiti should be made legal and appreciated by everyone. If there were places for the graffiti writers to create their art, there wouldn’t be such a high tax of vandalism right now.

I like graffiti and I think it should be legalized.

José Pedro Quintino




No comments:

eTwinning Certificate